Director of Innovation Centre
Closing date of applications
30th June 2024
5th February 2024
Date Contract Ends
Computer Science / Science
Ages 4-18 / Whole School
IB MYP / IB PYP
Fixed / Renewable
full expatriate package for international candidates
8 or more years experience
This role is one of oversee and lead the centre to support to ISA schools in designing and constructing technology spaces, participate in the development of the technology-related curriculum, organize technology-related activities, facilitate external exchanges and serve students and teachers.
OVERALL POSITION PURPOSE
The Director of the Innovation Centre oversees the successful management of the Innovation Centre, a centre of STEM excellence, within one of ISAIEG’s campuses.
The Director of the Innovation Centre has both academic and operational responsibilities, and should be seen to unite these perspectives, bringing an academic understanding to the sales, marketing, and development of STEM products, and bring an operational competence to all STEM activities delivered by the Innovation Centre. The Director of the Innovation Centre unites the academic and operational staff to deliver world class STEM services as part of the core curricula of and ISA campus, as well as across co-curricular activities.
The Director of the Innovation Centre ensure that the Innovation Centre delivers international-quality English and Chinese-medium education, which is dynamic, progressive, and culturally responsive.
- Master’s Degree (PhD / EdD preferred) in STEM education or similar.
- Teaching licence or equivalent from country of origin (strongly preferred).
- Advanced English skills, with advanced abilities in written and verbal communication.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience within an international school setting or a high-quality domestic school.
- Education management experience (preferably STEM related).
- Computer proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Powerpoint.
- Ability to liaise and communicate with Chinese staff and parents in their own language (preferred).
- Evidence of cultural sensitivity and ability to work cross-culturally within China (highly desirable).
- STEM industrial experience (preferred).
- Internal candidates require outstanding references from current / former managers.
- Proven experience in operational planning, strategic development, and project management.
- Extensive understanding of academic challenges, trends, and opportunities.
- Proven experience in the promotion of education services and experience of sales and marketing products to parents within an international school setting (highly desirable).
- Experience of training educators with curriculum methods and requirements (preferred).
- Experience of education across multiple age-groups (preferred).
- Academic management and leadership experience (preferred).
- Proven experience in driving the development of strategic plans for an institution or department.
- Proven experience in the field of international education.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritising effectively in order to meet deadlines.
- Experience planning and managing departmental budgets.