Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
26th June 2023
5th May 2023
Date Contract Ends
Librarianship / Primary
Librarian / Teacher
Ages 0-11 / Early Years and Primary
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
ISA Science City International School is a world IB school providing a balanced education affording the intellectual, physical, emotional and social growth of all students aged 2 to 18. We are seeking experienced and passionate educator for the position of Inquiry Teacher--Library in Aug 2023.
- Plans, teaches and assesses Inquiry Classes across Primary Years, modeling innovative and research-based instructional best practice.
- Attends weekly primary Unit of Inquiry meetings.
- Leads the ongoing development of a library collection of books, resources and services to meet the needs of the school programmes and diverse community.
- Maintains a visually and intellectually stimulating learning environment which supports and enhances school programmes.
- Promotes and supports literacy amongst the school community, leading reading and writing workshops/initiatives.
- Supports the implementation of data collection systems in primary.
- Supports the data management and analysis process to support improved instructional practice in primary.
- Leads induction and research skills sessions.
- Supports class visits to the Inquiry Center.
- Contributes to the professional development of the Inquiry Center Team.
- In collaboration with the Inquiry Center Team, organizes and manages special events, author visits, competitions, partnerships and seminars that promote literacy and the love of reading.
- Promotes the Inquiry Center as a focal point for students in support of their learning, research, and love of reading.
- As a member of the Inquiry Center Team, proactively supports colleagues whenever possible, and contributes to the overall operation and development of the department.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, major in Education, Science, Research or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant working experience, preferably in an international education environment
- Experience within an education start-up environment may be advantageous
- Experience of collaborative lesson planning with teachers to support student literacy
- Knowledge of how to use digital technologies effectively in promoting student learning
- Previous experience or knowledge of working with students for whom English is not the first language
- PYP and Inquiry Led methodologies experience.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
Interested candidates please go to "APPLY FOR THIS JOB".
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
Please review with care the candidate pack shared for each specific position.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB/A-Level curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB/A-Level experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes