Teacher of Business/Economics
Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
31 January 2023
14 August 2023
Date Contract Ends
Business Studies / Economics
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
IB Dip / IB MYP
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
ISA Science City International School is a world IB school providing a balanced education affording the intellectual, physical, emotional and social growth of all students aged 2 to 18. We are seeking experienced and passionate educator for the position of Business/Economics teacher in August 2023.
- plan, prepare and deliver activities that facilitate active teaching and learning experiences
- support and participate actively in curriculum development
- identify and select different resources and approaches to meet the teaching and learning requirements
- use relevant technology to support teaching and learning
- observe and evaluate student's performance and development
- provide appropriate feedback on students' coursework
- encourage and monitor the progress of students' performance and development
- maintain accurate and complete records and reports of students' progress and development
- deliver appropriate classroom management
- participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations
- participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings
- communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and needs
- keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- University degree and a recognised qualification (such as PGCE or Secondary Education) with a major in Economics / Business Studies
- High command of English level
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in Secondary Years education, ideally with experience in an international educational setting
- Experience in teaching second language learners
- Strong knowledge and/or experience and/or enthusiasm to teach in the IB MYP/DP curriculum framework
- Curriculum development knowledge
- Be inter-culturally aware with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Be committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning
- Be collaborative and able to work as part of a team
Interested candidates please go to "APPLY FOR THIS JOB".
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
Please review with care the candidate pack shared for each specific position.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB/A-Level curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB/A-Level experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes