Teacher of Science (ISAWuhan Wenhua)
Closing date of applications
31 March 2022
1 August 2022
Date Contract Ends
Science / Science
Teacher / Teacher
Ages 4-11 / Primary and
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
IB PYP / IB MYP
Fixed / Renewable
full package for international candidates
2 or more years experience
Candidate Information Pack
ISA Wuhan Wenhua School is a member of ISA International Education Group. We are inviting high potential candidates of Science Teacher to join the founding team to start in August 2022.
- Inspiring students to learn.
- Ensuring the creativity and high quality of teaching and learning of the class, assisted by a teaching assistant.
- Sharing responsibilities for curriculum development, display, performances, trips and organizing some aspects of special events.
- Fostering a caring atmosphere and showing commitment to the well-being and social and academic progress of each pupil.
- University degree with major in Science (e.g. Chemistry or Physics) and a recognized teacher qualification (such as B.Ed, M.Ed, PGCE/PDCE)
- High Proficiency in English;
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time teaching experience in mainstream school setting, ideally with experience in an international educational setting
- Experience in teaching second language learners
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in IB curriculum framework
- Curriculum development knowledge
- Be inter-culturally aware with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Be committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning
- Be collaborative and able to work as part of a team
Interested candidates please go to "APPLY FOR THIS JOB".
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes