Teacher of EAL - ISALW (IS & Wenhua)
Closing date of applications
31 March 2022
15 August 2022
Date Contract Ends
English as an Additional Language / English as an Additional Language
Teacher / Teacher
Ages 4-11 / Primary and
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
IB PYP / IB MYP
Fixed / Renewable
full expatriate package for international candidates
2 or more years experience
Applicant Information Pack
ISA LiWan International School is going to start in August 2022. We are inviting high potential candidates of EAL Teacher to join the professional team of ISA Liwan International School.
- Ensuring the creativity and high quality of teaching and learning of the class, assisted by a teaching assistant.
- Organising the work of the teaching assistant.
- Sharing responsibilities for curriculum development, display, performances, trips and organising some aspects of special events.
- Fostering a caring atmosphere and showing commitment to the well-being and social and academic progress of each pupil.
- Acting in accordance with relevant legislation in the PRC and Guangzhou, particularly with regards to educational provision, health and safety initiatives and safeguarding and ensure that all students and staff maintain these standards.
- University degree and a recognized qualification (such as PGCE, or Primary/Secondary Education) with major in English Language Acquitiion.
- High command of English level
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in Primary/Secondary Years education, ideally with experience in an international educational setting
- Experience in teaching second language learners
- Strong knowledge and/or experience and/or enthusiasm to teach in the IB PYP/MYP curriculum framework
- Curriculum development knowledge
- Be inter-culturally aware with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Be committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning
- Be collaborative and able to work as part of a team
Interested candidates please go to "APPLY FOR THIS JOB".
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes