Closing date of applications
25 October 2021
1 February 2022
Date Contract Ends
31 July 2024
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
IB MYP / IB Dip
Fixed / Renewable
Full expatriate package for international candidates
8 or more years experience
Full job description
ISA Wuhan is a member of the rapidly growing educational not-for-profit organization, ISA Education Group. Our campus will open in August 2022 and will be the largest educational project in central China with a RMB 1.6 billion (£180 million) investment, located in the beautiful city of Wuhan.
Responsible to: The Head of ISA Wuhan International School.
The School Principal is responsible for ensuring the high achievement of all students in their educational development; supporting the Head of School in maintaining excellence in all aspects of education; leading the allocated team of staff and leaders effectively in the successful performance of the ISA Wuhan International School. The following brief outlines the profile and role of the successful candidate for this post:
- Caring and compassionate; a team-player with a pleasant personality; outgoing; sociable; energetic; has good sense for how best to meet the demand and expectations of parents and students in this space; respect for others; love for children; strong interpersonal skills and passionate about K-12 education; knowledgeable of Chinese culture and language is an advantage; excellent judgement and integrity; strategic and forward-looking; adaptable yet decisive; resilient; loyal; well-balanced with a positive outlook on life.
- Educated to degree level.
- Deep knowledge of international curriculum systems, particularly IB.
- Strong experience in school senior leadership evidenced by positive achievements.
- A strong record of leading high-quality learning and teaching in the past career.
- Rich experience in curriculum development and professional development/teacher education. Understanding and experience of the Chinese National Curriculum is desired.
- Expert in school management, including but not limited to: Curriculum research; development and planning; teaching management; assessment; student pastoral care; professional development of teachers; student academic and personal development; Boarding school management experience; track record of community service and external networks an advantage; experience in managing financial and physical resources shrewdly; experience of building, developing and leading teams to a high standard and experience in managing people effectively.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Outstanding communicator (both written and verbal).
- The intellect, passion and energy to enthuse and inspire staff and students.
- Commitment to the pursuit of academic excellence and high achievement by each student.
- Commitment to the delivery of a broad and far-reaching co- and extra-curricular programme, which provides a wealth of sporting, artistic and cultural opportunities.
- Highly effective collaborator.
- Well-organized particularly when faced with pressing challenges during an intensive period.
- Experienced in the effective timetabling of school lessons for the academic year or coaching others to do so.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to manage financial matters, risk, regulatory and legal issues.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Well-versed in successfully dealing with crisis and/or emergency situations.
- Commitment to the ethos, values and objectives of school.
- Provide academic leadership and ensuring that all academic activities are aligned with the ISAIEG’s vision, mission, goals, and establishing ISA as one of the premier international education groups in China.
- Help develop the strategy and establish the process of opening the new K-12 boarding school, including forming the management team, hiring teachers, designing the curriculum, recruiting students, training teachers, finding resources and building relationships with overseas universities and colleges.
- Build the reputation of “high-quality and innovative international education” and increasing ISA’s brand awareness in China.
LEARNING AND TEACHING
- Strong commitment to the happiness and well-being of the students. Passionate for innovation in education.
- Ensure learning is at the heart of strategic planning and effective procurement of resources.
- Ensure each student achieves highly throughout their school experience and will be equipped to thrive in the next phase of their education.
- Create and nurture a culture of challenge where every student can become self-starters, taking responsibility for their own learning.
- Implement and maintain an holistic pastoral care programme with appropriate policies and procedures to secure high standards in students’ attitude to learning and their positive actions in the school and wider community.
- Conduct the fair and equitable appraisal of all staff regularly throughout the year.
- Provide overall effective professional development to all staff, nurturing amongst them a culture of dedicated engagement, openness, and a sense of involvement as part of an academic community.
- Continue to develop a strong, cohesive and proactive leadership team, ensuring that roles and responsibilities are clear and that the highest standards of performance are expected and delivered.
- Ensure that appropriate procedures are in place to recruit, develop, reward and retain staff of the highest calibre.
- Play a proactive role in the successful retention and recruitment of talent for the school.
- Work closely with other school administrators and department heads to optimize the school’s operations such as smooth-running student and teacher timetables that are fit for educational and logistical purpose.
- Establish a strong and diverse trans-disciplinary curriculum, which continuously fosters a stimulating learning environment for each student.
- Ensure a consistent focus on each student’s progress, using data analytical tools to track their educational development.
- Establish and maintain a robust system of a diverse means of assessment of students’ learning through regular review with other key leaders.
- Ensure a positive boarding life experience for all boarders, maintaining a safe and healthy environment that activates learning and the participation in a wide range of life-enriching activities.
- Monitor and review the quality of boarding provision, reporting to the Head of School regularly, while supporting the Boarding Head and Team in maintaining the highest standards of accommodation and lifestyle for each student.
STRENGTHENING THE COMMUNITY
- Building and strengthening the relationship between the school and external parties’ resources including exchange programmes with other schools, leading universities, internship opportunities etc.
- Engaging meaningfully with the wider community through pro-active participation in a wide range of events and activities that bring the community and the school together.
- Understanding of the importance of fundraising, PR and marketing.
- Promote the school, campus and organization actively to the wider community at a range of events regularly.
Interested candidates please go to "APPLY FOR THIS JOB".
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes