Swimming Teaching Assistant – Part-time 0.4 FTE– Salwa Campus – required for August 2021
Closing date of applications
21 August 2021
1 August 2021
Ages 4-11 / Primary
1 or more years experience
Full job description
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant with swimming specialism to work part-time during the school week from 07:30 to 14:45 for 2 days a week. The successful applicant will ideally have a lifeguard qualification.
The British International School Riyadh (BISR) is an extremely well-regarded not-for-profit, five-campus, co-educational school in the Middle East, catering for students aged 3-18 providing high quality education to the expatriate community since 1979. The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and as a British School Overseas (BSO). BISR is also a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) and the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). The school follows the English curriculum, greatly enriched by the local and international context. Learning is holistic, supported by a broad co-curricular programme, encompassing extra-curricular activities, student leadership, service learning and residential trips. Strong pastoral care supports student well-being.
Our Salwa Campus is located within Salwa Garden Village, about 30km from Riyadh. BISR Salwa is a community based school which caters exclusively for the children of residents of the compound with a current roll of approximately 160 students.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant with swimming specialism to work part-time during the school week from 07:30 to 14:45 for 2 days a week. The successful applicant will ideally have a lifeguard qualification. This specialist role is an exciting position for somebody who is dedicated, wants to go above and beyond for students and is passionate about primarily swimming development.
The successful candidates will:
- Be able to contribute towards supporting high quality education for all students in their care and improving the quality of learning and standards of achievements, under the instruction/guidance of teaching staff.
- Be innovative, creative, enthusiastic, highly motivated and able to show a passion for learning.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the key factors that can asffect the way students learn.
- Work with the teaching staff to ensure students flourish by creating a positive climate for learning, supporting the holistic development of each student, with a strong emphasis on well-being in an intercultural context.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, high levels of emotional intelligence and a good sense of humour, effectively collaborating within a range of teams.
- Fully support the school Mission, Vision and Motto.
- Have KSA residency status.
We can offer:
- Highly motivated and engaged students
- A school with a strong sense of community
- A learning focused school committed to staff development
- Motivated, hard-working and dedicated colleagues, who are committed to high quality learning, student well-being and co-curricular programmes
Please be aware that the school is not in a position to sponsor or transfer sponsorship
(Please note: As this is a non-teacher position, and in order to use our application tracking system (InTeachers), you will need to register yourself as a qualified teacher to complete the application form).
To apply, please follow the link above and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines;
Closing date for all applications: Saturday 21st August, 2021
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa
How to apply for a position at BISR
To apply and for additional information, please follow the ‘inteachers’ link on the vacancy.
When applying via this link, please provide the following in support of your application:
All applications must include:
- An up to date two-page Curriculum Vitae, including a photograph
- A statement in support of your application, which must include an answer to the following question: How do you think you would be able to support our Mission and REACH motto?
Teacher applications must include:
- How do you demonstrate that you are a lifelong learner and how does current pedagogical practice have an impact in your classroom?
- How do you create a positive classroom climate and support student well-being in your current school?
- What strategies do you use to ensure that all learners in your classroom attain very well?
- What is your contribution to your current school community?
BISR is fully committed to safeguarding children and young people. We complete rigorous background checks for all staff, whatever their role in the school, prior to them commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is
For more information about the school please visit the 'ABOUT US' section our website www.bisr.com.sa
We very much look forward to receiving your application.
Teachers who work at BISR should have
- Qualified Teacher status.
- Certificate of Education - PGCE or B.Ed.
- Training or qualification relevant to the post.
- An appreciation of the demands of a British school in an international context.
- Recognise the vital importance of a positive commitment to the co-curricular life of the school.
- An appreciation of the importance of intercultural understanding and cultural sensitivity.
- Recognise the responsibility each individual staff member has in supporting the holistic growth and well-being of students.
- Experience of working in various contexts both in the UK and internationally.
- Experience of teaching within a Key Stage or subject.
- Experience of positive behaviour management strategies.
- Experience of planning for children with a range of learning needs, including extremely able students.
- Experience of curriculum development, monitoring and assessment.
- Experience of working with second language students or prepared to undertake training.
Skills and Abilities
- A detailed knowledge of the English National Curriculum.
- Ability to organise a stimulating learning environment and demonstrate excellent creative teaching skills.
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues in preparing for learning and teaching.
- Good organisation of recording and evaluating progress.
- Show good communication skills when working with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Effective skills in managing and organising own time and directing deployment of teaching assistants.
- Good ICT skills to be effective in your job.
- An understanding of Assessment for Learning Strategies and use of this to inform future planning.
- The desire to develop knowledge of the curriculum above and below the preferred key stage or in a cross-curricular context.
- Warmth and sense of humour.
- Team player.
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Willingness to be involved in co-curricular activities and events and engage in all aspects of school life.
- High expectations of yourself and of children.
- First class communication skills.
- Empathy with pupils, colleagues, parents and visitors.
- You must be a glass half-full person!
- Ability to promote equal opportunities with respect to race, gender and disability