Closing date of applications
30 November 2021
14 February 2022
Date Contract Ends
Head of Department
Ages 4-18 / Whole School
IB Dip / IB MYP
Fixed / Renewable
Full expatriate package for international candidates
2 or more years experience
Applicant Information Pack
ISA Wuhan International School is look for high calibre of candidate in Physical Education to join the founding team of the School. The potential candidate will be expected to start in August 2021.
- Holder of Bachelor's Degree and teacher's qualification.
- At least 8 years' full-time experience in mainstream education.
- High proficiency in English.
- Ability to integrate the teaching and management of the IB programme with other curricula that the school might develop.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and vision for the future of educational practice.
- A passion for education and excellence; ability to inspire colleagues; to accept responsibility; show in their actions and decisions firmness, fairness, consistency and integrity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IB programme and of key developments, issues and trends in international education.
- Courage to introduce and manage change and innovation.
- Ability to show good cultural understanding and differentiation between students from various backgrounds.
- Flexible, inclusive and pragmatic management style.
- High level interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Articulate and a strong communicator.
- Confident in meeting and communicating with others.
- Possess effective organisational skills, managing time efficiently meeting all deadlines.
Interested candidates please go to "APPLY FOR THIS JOB".
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes