Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
30 April 2021
2 August 2021
English / Science
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
Fixed / Renewable
Full expatriate package for international candidates
2 or more years experience
Applicant Information Pack
ISA Wuhan is a member of the rapidly growing educational not-for-profit organization, ISA Education Group. Our campus will open in August 2022 with a projected enrolment of 600 students and approximately 80 teaching and administrative staff (international and local).
- Design a curriculum within the IBDP framework that embraces teaching and learning for pupils from aged 16 to 19 years.
- Work collegially within the secondary school to support the school’s vision, mission and philosophy; support the school’s curricular and philosophical commitments as an International school; and assist the secondary school in meeting its planning goals.
- Help promote a culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions, exercise leadership and strive for academic excellence.
- Maintain accurate written and/or electronic records of all aspects of the secondary program.
- Ensure that the school meets all programme regulations and deadlines.
- Plan and organize the teaching of PD for teachers.
- Holder of Bachelor's Degree and teacher's qualification.
- At least 8 years' full-time experience in mainstream education.
- High proficiency in English.
- Ability to integrate teaching and management of the IBDP programme with other curricula that the school might develop.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and vision for the future of educational practice.
- A passion for education and excellence; ability to inspire colleagues; to accept responsibility; show in their actions and decisions firmness, fairness, consistency and integrity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IB programmes and of key developments, issues and trends in international education.
- Courage to introduce and manage change and innovation.
- Ability to show good cultural understanding and differentiation between students from various backgrounds.
- Flexible, inclusive and pragmatic management style.
- High level interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Articulate and a strong communicator.
- Confident in meeting and communicating with others.
- Possess effective organisational skills, managing time efficiently meeting all deadlines.
Interested candidates please go to "APPLY FOR THIS JOB".
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes