PYP Coordinator - ISALW(IS)
Closing date of applications
31 December 2021
14 February 2022
Date Contract Ends
Ages 4-11 / Primary
Fixed / Renewable
Full expatriate package for international candidates
8 or more years experience
Applicant Information Pack
ISA Liwan International School is going to start in August 2022. We are seeking high potential candidates to set up the SLT for curriculum planning and start early in February 2022.
- Design a curriculum within the IB PYP framework that embraces teaching and learning for pupils.
- Work collegially within the primary school to support the school’s vision, mission and philosophy; support the school’s curricular and philosophical commitments as an IB World School; and assist the primary school in meeting its planning goals.
- Help promote a culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions, exercise leadership and strive for academic excellence.
- Maintain accurate written and/or electronic records of all aspects of the IB PYP program.
- Ensure that the school meets all IB regulations and deadlines.
- Plan and organize the teaching PD for teachers.
- Holder of Bachelor's Degree and teacher's qualification (such as PGCE or Primary Education)
- At least 8 years' full-time experience in mainstream education
- High proficiency in English
- An ability to Integrate teaching and management of IB PYP Curriculum with other curriculum that the school developed during the tenure.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and vision for the future of educational practice
- A passion for education and excellence; ability to inspire colleagues, to accept responsibility, show in their actions and decisions firmness, fairness, consistency and integrity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IB programmes and of key developments, issues and trends in international education
- Courage to introduce and manage change and innovation
- Ability to show good cultural understanding and differentiation between students from various backgrounds
- Flexible, inclusive and pragmatic management style
- High level interpersonal and administrative skills
- Articulate and a strong communicator
- Confident in meeting and communicating with others
- Possess good organisational skills, manage time efficiently and be able to meet deadlines
Interested candidates please go to "APPLY FOR THIS JOB".
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes