Head of EAL
Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
17 January 2019
26 August 2019
Date Contract Ends
31 August 2021
Head of Subject
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
Fixed / Renewable
5 or more years experience
MCC Recruitment Pack 2019
Malvern College Chengdu is developing rapidly in China. We are seeking high potential candidates to start from Aug 2019.
To lead a high-performing team of the Department of English/EAL providing students with high quality teaching, raising the profile of English throughout the school and driving the development of English/EAL as a curriculum subject.
- To provide high quality teaching of EAL throughout the College;
- To manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs in order to inspire, motivate and challenge students;
- To use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives for students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions, monitoring learners’ progress and levels of attainment;
- To maintain appropriate records;
- To follow agreed policies for communications in the school and to communicate effectively with parents of students as appropriate;
- To participate in the development and implementation of schemes of work, marking and assessment policies and procedures in the relevant curriculum area;
- To be a fully integrated member of the departmental team;
- To contribute fully to the life of the school through, in addition to teaching, participating in the normal supervisory, pastoral and co-curricular duties undertaken by all members of staff, including fulfilling a commitment to the boarding life of the school;
- To support the pastoral work of the school by taking on the role of a Tutor;
- To demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development.
- Bachelor's Degree with major in English and a recognized teacher qualification in relevant subject
- Native level of English
- Experience in teaching EAL student in internatinal school or bi-lingual school is preferrable
- Experience in curriculum development
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Chengdu reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Chengdu exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Chengdu please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions (International)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting
- Native level of English