Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
13 June 2019
12 August 2019
Primary / Secondary
Teaching Assistant / Teaching Assistant
Ages 4-11 / Primary and
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
IB PYP / IB MYP
1 or more years experience
Malvern College Hong Kong is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Educational Assistant.
The role will provide support to teachers and other staff as required during the school year.
- Prepare teaching/learning/curriculum materials;
- Cover classes where necessary and appropriate;
- Assist in staff duties during morning break, lunchtime, after school – especially when staff members are in meetings/supervising CCAs;
- Invigilate exams during examination periods;
- Provide in-class learning support and language support as needed to individual/group of pupils;
- Accompany teachers and pupils on field trips to provide supervision;
- Provide support in labs during school and after school hours;
- Assist Teachers and Learning Support Teachers with smaller groups within class;
- Attend school and departmental meetings, liaise with School Office regarding departmental needs;
- Assist in recording/supervising pupils during oral exams, presentations, performances, etc.
School Activities Support:
- Support for the school's co-curricular activities (CCA) programme. All members of staff are expected to support a minimum of one CCA per week.
- Accompany pupils during sports competitions with the CCA coordinator;
- Assist in the preparation and running of School activities;
- Assist in the supervision and marking of admissions tests;
- Assist in collating/formatting documents – accreditation, evaluation;
- Provide AV support during morning assemblies and other events in the gym, auditorium, lecture theatres and classrooms;
- Assist in library duties regularly;
- Assist in distributing class lists, collecting, being runners during fire drill;
- Assist during awards and graduation ceremonies
- Assist with beginning and end of term office activities such as moving files, designing notice boards;
- Report printing and distribution;
- Timetable and invigilation schedule preparation;
- Examination paper photocopying, distribution and collection;
- Collection of textbooks and resources.
- Degree or Diploma in Education an advantage;
- Excellent command of English;
- Relevant experience in primary or secondary education is preferred;
- Experience working in an international school setting is preferred;
- Attention to detail, patient and helpful;
- Collaborative and prepared to work as part of a team;
- Sound organizational and time management skills;
- Basic level of IT skills;
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age, and ethnic background;
- Strong work ethic;
- Effective communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Commitment high standards in teaching and learning.
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Hong Kong please email email@example.com.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting
- General teaching positoins: Native level of English
- Chinese teaching positions: Native level of Putonghua