Primary Teacher (IB PYP)
Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
30 June 2019
12 August 2019
Date Contract Ends
31 July 2021
Ages 4-11 / Primary
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
Full job description
Malvern College Hong Kong is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Primary Teacher.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values. They will be a supportive member of the staff team to help ensure the success of Malvern College Hong Kong as a leading international school in Hong Kong.
- Take responsibility for a primary class, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class
- Work closely with the Primary Curriculum Co-ordinator, Head of Year and PYP colleagues to ensure the effective delivery of the PYP programme and to design and implement a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum
- Plan and deliver lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation
- Contribute to collaborative learning at all levels of school life
- Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect
- Select relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupils' learning
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner
- Write formal reports on a termly basis
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary
- Contribute to the school’s Tutor and House systems as directed by the Deputy Head
- Attend Parents’ Meetings, Open Mornings and CPD as appropriate
- Play an active role in the school’s co-curricular programme
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in primary years education
- Previous experience of teaching the IB PYP is preferred, although outstanding candidates without prior IB experience will be considered
- Prior IB training is required before taking up post at minimum Category 1 level
- Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in Hong Kong and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross cultural approach to work
- A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes
For further information about working for Malvern College Hong Kong, please download the general information pack.
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Hong Kong please email email@example.com.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting
- General teaching positoins: Native level of English
- Chinese teaching positions: Native level of Putonghua