Closing date of applications
22 February 2019
1 August 2019
Date Contract Ends
31 July 2021
Ages 4-11 / Primary
Fixed / Renewable
7 or more years experience
Full job description
As our school moves towards our second year of opening we are looking to appoint experienced and dynamic teachers who will join our growing PYP and MYP teams and play an active part in all aspects of school life at Malvern.
The Primary Years Programme Coordinator (PYPC) will be responsible for leading the overall implementation and development of the PYP in Years 1 to 6, and for supporting the curriculum across the school. The PYPC will have the crucial role of leading the school’s PYP authorization and evaluation processes. The PYPC will work closely and collaboratively with all members of the primary team, school leaders, and other programme coordinators, and will report directly to the Head of Primary.
Main Academic Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Senior Management Team in founding the school and establishing it as an institution with a reputation for excellence
- Draft all policies, procedures and documentation required for IB PYP school authorization and evaluation
- Liaise with other members or the Head of Primary to ensure consistency and articulation across the school
- Lead the primary teaching staff in the development and implementation of the PYP curriculum ensuring detailed and timely planning for delivery and resourcing.
- Assume a major role in the early stages in overseeing the academic life of the Primary School, ensuring the highest quality and creativity in learning and teaching across all teaching staff
- Provide leadership and consultation to teams and individuals in all elements of the PYP curriculum framework and guide teams in developing units of inquiry
- Provide professional development to staff relating to PYP methodology, planning and implementation both in the initial induction programme for all new staff and on an ongoing basis
- Ensure appropriate communication and collaboration between staff to enable the effective design and implementation of the programme
- Promote the values and ethos of Malvern College
- Play an active role in all aspects of school life, ensuring that the values and ethos of Malvern College become embedded in the provision of a truly holistic education
- Contribute to parent information sessions
- Be the central point of focus for all communication with IB offices regarding the PYP
- Ensure that all requirements of the IB concerning implementation of the programme are adhered to by the College
- Provide support in the development and implementation of all relevant school policies and procedures
- Lead the process of developing and reviewing the school’s PYP curriculum documents, including the programme of inquiry and scope and sequence documents
- Relevant teaching qualification
- Significant experience teaching the PYP (minimum of 7 years)
- Experience as a PYP Coordinator is desired but not necessary
- Experience and knowledge of curriculum design and development
- Experience in an international school environment
- Evidence of continued relevant professional development, including significant IB training
- Sound understanding of shared pedagogical leadership and collaborative planning
- Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs including second language learners of English
- A competent, confident and effective communicator
- Innovative, flexible and technologically adept
- Demonstration of the highest levels of linguistic excellence, pedagogy, professionalism and commitment
- Commitment to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning
- Highly developed interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A leadership style based on appreciating, supporting and nurturing the talents of staff and pupils
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in Hong Kong and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross cultural approach to work
- Flexible, resilient and able to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Hong Kong please email email@example.com.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting
- General teaching positoins: Native level of English
- Chinese teaching positions: Native level of Putonghua