Forest School (Level 3) / Outdoor Education Leader
Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
29 January 2019
12 August 2019
Date Contract Ends
31 July 2021
Outdoor Education / Outdoor Education
Teacher / Teacher
Ages 4-11 / Primary and
Ages 4-11 / Primary
English National / IB PYP
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
MCHK General Information Pack
We are looking for a certified (Level 3) Forest School / Outdoor Education Leader. He/She will assist the school leadership in building and maintaining an innovative and successful Forest School Programme for Malvern College Hong Kong which links to our PYP Programme of Inquiry.
The appointed Forest School /Outdoor Education Leader will provide leadership in developing and implementing the Forest School curriculum in lower primary. The appointed person will lead Forest School sessions, along with supporting staff. The ability and interest to support the development of outdoor education in upper primary and senior years would be an advantage. The appointed person will also be required to support other aspects of school life depending on the areas of expertise of the successful applicant.
- Design and lead in preparing a challenging, innovative and exciting Forest School curriculum for children which will enable them to flourish and achieve their potential. Forest School is currently a core part of the curriculum in Years 1 and 2;
- Design, prepare and deliver inspiring and challenging Forest School lessons to suit the individual needs of all pupils;
- Promote the enjoyment of learning in the outdoors;
- Complete risk assessments;
- Nurture meaningful relationships with children and provide the individual attention they need;
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, parent evening events, conferences, workshops and duties- any other roles as identified by the leadership team;
- Adhere to and promote Malvern College’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- A qualified teacher and holder of a university degree
- Level 3 Forest School Leader Qualification
- Current Outdoor First Aid Qualification
- Native Level English speaker
- Minimum 2 years' Forest School experience
- Curriculum development knowledge and experience in Forest School Education
- Experience in teaching second language learners
- Enjoys being outdoors and working with children
- Awareness of Safeguarding, Health and Safety, and other related policies
- Evidence of on-going professional learning and development
- Demonstrate professionalism, commitment, integrity, strength of character and perseverance
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age, and ethnic background
- Shows a strong work ethic
- Articulate and effective communicator and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning in outdoor education
- Collaborative and can work as part of a team
- Sense of humour
- Committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning
- Can work and lead independently
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Hong Kong please email email@example.com.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting
- General teaching positoins: Native level of English
- Chinese teaching positions: Native level of Putonghua