Early Years Coordinator
Closing date of applications
10 May 2019
12 August 2019
Date Contract Ends
31 July 2021
Ages 0-4 / Early Years
3 or more years experience
Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong is developing and expanding. This is a new position for our new campus to start in August 2019. We are seeking high calibre candidates to join the family of Malvern College.
Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong is an international setting that welcomes and celebrates diversity and acknowledges each child’s unique background. In addition, we expect a proportion of our pupils will be learning English as an additional language. Constant interaction between our dedicated, experienced teachers and our pupils will ensure all children have extensive exposure to both languages.
- Be part of a core team to design and lead in preparing a challenging, innovative and exciting EYFS curriculum for children entering Pre-Nursery, Kindergarten 1, Kindergarten 2 which will enable them to flourish and achieve their potential
- Support assessment and monitoring student progress in EYFS (especially in K2) and provide clear learning targets in the EYFS curriculum that are mapped to the EYFS learning outcomes so that all learners can see success and improve
- Design, prepare and deliver inspiring and challenging EYFS lessons to suit the individual needs of all students
- Promote the enjoyment of learning of the Prime and Specific Areas in the EYFS through early childhood strategies
- Nurture meaningful relationships with children and their families and provide the individual attention they need
- Support in the process of monitoring and evaluation of EYFS curriculum areas in line with agreed school policies and procedures, including evaluation against quality standards and performance criteria. To seek/implement modification and improvement where required
- Support in conducting learning walks and provide regular feedback for teachers in a way which recognises good practice and results in tangible impact on student learning
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities (some on evenings and weekends) such as new student enrollment and parent interviews, conference, workshops - any other roles as identified by the leadership team
- Manage the EYFS budget
- Organize library and EYFS resources
- Support leading EYFS staff meetings and support weekly whole school staff meeting
- University teaching degree or PGCE in Early Childhood Education
- English proficieny at native level
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in Early Years, preferably internationally
- Leadership experience leading teams or department
- EYFS programme experience preferred
- Early Years curriculum development knowledge and assessment
- Previous international experience highly valued
- Knowledge/ Experience of Reggio Emilia Approach advantageous
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Early Childhood)
- A recognized teaching credentials
- Minimum two years’ full-time teaching experience in school setting
- General teaching positoins: Native level of English
- Chinese teaching positions: Native level of Putonghua