Mandarin Teacher (Early Years)
Closing date of applications
14 December 2018
12 August 2019
Date Contract Ends
31 July 2021
Ages 0-4 / Early Years
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
We are looking for strong candidates to build and maintain a successful Early Years programme within the school at Malvern College Pre-school.
- Be part of a core team to design and prepare a challenging, innovative and exciting Mandarin curriculum for children entering Pre-Nursery, Kindergarten 1, or Kindergarten 2 which will enable them to flourish and achieve their potential;
- Design, prepare and deliver challenging Mandarin lessons to suit the individual needs of all students using a range and balance of teaching strategies;
- Ensure the classroom and school environment is well- managed, inviting, organized and neatly presented;
- Support the outdoor Forest School Educational Program;
- Nurture meaningful relationships with children and their families and provide the individual attention they need;
- Assess and monitor student progress and provide clear learning targets so that all learners can see success and improve and maintain Portfolios of Learning;
- Collaborate with other teachers, especially the English co-teacher of the classroom, to share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge through staff meetings and staff PD sessions;
- Communicate accurately, regularly and meaningfully with families of students in their care;
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, parent evening events, conferences, workshops and any other roles as identified by the leadership team;
- Supervise the students and take on duties as required during lunch, sleep and other times as required;
- To provide leadership in the area of outstanding Mandarin teaching and learning and supervise the Mandarin teaching staff, along with the Principal.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a recognized qualification (such as PGCE) in Early Childhood Education;
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in Early Years education, ideally with experience in an international educational setting;
- A valid teacher qualification;
- Residency in Hong Kong or holder of a work permit in Hong Kong;
- Native Putonghua and fluent in English;
- Leadership experience leading teams or department
- Curriculum development knowledge in Mandarin;
- Demonstrate professionalism, commitment, integrity, strength of character and perseverance;
- Experience in teaching second language learners;
- Be collaborative and able to work as part of a team;
- Knowledge/ Experience of Reggio Emilia Approach advantageous
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Early Childhood)
- A recognized teaching credentials
- Minimum two years’ full-time teaching experience in school setting
- General teaching positoins: Native level of English
- Chinese teaching positions: Native level of Putonghua