Chinese Supply Teacher (IB PYP & MYP)
Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
30 June 2019
7 November 2018
Chinese / Chinese
Teacher / Teacher
Ages 4-11 / Primary and
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
IB PYP / IB MYP
2 or more years experience
We are seeking available Chinese teachers who are experienced in IB PYP/MYP to join our teaching team for supply teaching.
- Deliver lessons and provide general educational support in Chinese subjects;
- Ensure attention is given to appropriate differentiation in lesson preparation and delivery;
- Design a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum in liaison with the curriculum co-ordinator;
- Contribute to the formation of collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
- Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect;
- Select relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil’s learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Contribute to the school’s Tutor and House systems as directed by the Deputy Head.
- Holder of Bachelor's Degree in Chinese Language, Chinese Literature or relevant subject area; and with teaching credentials
- Excellent level of English
- Holder of permanant HKID or dependent visa in Hong Kong
- Experience in teaching IB PYP/MYP Chinese
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Hong Kong please email email@example.com.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting
- General teaching positoins: Native level of English
- Chinese teaching positions: Native level of Putonghua