Teacher of Lower Primary
Closing date of applications
14 June 2019
19 August 2019
Date Contract Ends
31 August 2021
English / English as an Additional Language
Teacher / Teacher
Ages 4-11 / Primary and
Ages 4-11 / Primary
English National / English National
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
Malvern College Chengdu is starting a new campus in XinJin District in 2019. We are looking for high potential teachers to teach at the KS1/KS2 levels and contribute to the co-curricular programme of the school.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for a primary class, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class;
- Work closely with the Headmaster and colleagues to ensure the effective delivery of the bilingual programme and to design and implement a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Plan and deliver lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
- Contribute to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
- Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect;
- Select relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil’s learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Write formal reports on a termly basis;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Contribute to the school’s House system as directed by the Head;
- Attend Parents’ Meetings, Open Mornings and CPD as appropriate;
- Play an active role in the school’s co-curricular programme.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in English Language
- A recognised teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in primary years education
- Previous experience of teaching overseas
- Good knowledge of the curriculum and experience of inquiry based teaching
- Ability to communicate with pupils, colleagues and parents, and to build strong relationships with all members of the school community
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in China and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross cultural approach to work
- A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes
- To assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Headmaster
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Chengdu reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Chengdu exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Chengdu please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions (International)
- A degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting
- Native level of English