Closing date of applications
31 January 2018
13 August 2018
Date Contract Ends
31 July 2020
Secondary / Primary
Librarian / Librarian
Ages 11-18 / Secondary and
Ages 4-11 / Primary
IB MYP / IB PYP
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
Recruitment Pack - MCHK
The teacher will provide high quality learning and reading program to the School in both primary and secondary settings.
Responsibilities Support of the overall school curricula, • Collaborative planning and teaching, • Promotion of reading and literacy, • Information literacy instruction, • Access to a diverse and appropriate school library collection, and • Learning enhancement through technologies
- Support of the overall school curricula
- Collaborative planning and teaching
- Promotion of reading and literacy
- Information literacy instruction
- Access to a diverse and appropriate school library collection
- Learning enhancement through technologies
- set and implement policy for circulation and use of library resources
- Delivering lessons and guiding pupils in the required area of learning
- Designing a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum that will inspire pupils to take action and to continue their learning
- Implementing the curriculum across the school years
- Contributing to the formation of collaborative learning communities at all levels of school life
- Selecting and using relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning
- Differentiating learning experiences to ensure that each pupil is motivated and challenged to meet their potential
- Communicating effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues using a range of multimedia tools and resources
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Library and Information Science
- Relevant teaching qualification
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in the required area of learning
- Minimum two years' teaching experience in secondary education
- Previous experience of teaching the IB PYP and IB MYP is preferred
- Recent and relevant professional development
- Experience in project supervision and interdisciplinary learning
- Recent experience of curricular innovation and development
- Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs including English language learners.
- Possessing collaborative skills
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Hong Kong please email email@example.com.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting