Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
17 March 2018
13 August 2018
Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Fixed / Renewable
4 or more years experience
Recruitment Pack - MYP Teachers
The post of Chinese Coordinator is part of the school management structure with responsibility to ensure the best possible teaching and learning within the department.
Curriculum and Assessment
- Ensure that pupils are at the center of the departmental practices.
- Lead the department in developing and improving teaching and learning.
- Contribute to the formation of collaborative learning communities at all levels of school life.
- Plan and implement curriculum across the whole school (vertical and horizontal planning).
- Support teachers in designing relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum that will inspire pupils to take action and to continue their learning.
- Lead the department in creating inquiry based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect.
- Develop rich and meaningful assessment tasks and give timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil learning.
- Set up, monitor and standardize departmental marking and assessment within the framework of the school and IB policies and procedures.
- Establish a common approach to homework adhering to the school policies and procedures.
- Ensure that pupils are assessed, supported and tracked individually and consistently.
- Develop and maintain curriculum documents and oversee pupils’ academic progress within the department.
- Support teachers in differentiating learning experiences to ensure that each pupil is motivated and challenged to meet their potential.
- Develop learning opportunities outside the classroom via trips and other activities in collaboration with other departments.
- Guide the department in selecting and using relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning.
Staff and Resources
The Chinese Coordinator will identify and manage appropriate resources for the department and subjects within the department and ensure that they are used efficiently, effectively and safely. This is done through:
- Chairing regular departmental/subject meetings.
- Assisting the SMT in scheduling of classes and assignment of teachers within the department.
- Conducting supportive and thorough performance management and appraisal.
- Supporting and guiding departmental colleagues in their interactions with pupils, parents and other colleagues.
- Inducting new staff within the department and providing continued support through the year.
- Supporting and guiding departmental colleagues in their interactions with students, parents and other colleagues.
- Assisting with the management of cover work for absent colleagues in the department.
- Managing departmental budget and resources, including up-dating of departmental inventories, textbooks and other pupil learning resources.
- Facilitating access to professional development resources.
- Arranging department exhibitions to secure suitable publicity for the department’s work within and beyond the school and to give presentations at staff meetings, HOD meetings or other meetings as required.
The Chinese Coordinator will also have teaching responsibilities and will report directly to and is evaluated by the Headmaster or designee.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Chinese Language & Literature and possess teacher qualification
- Minimum four years teaching experience in primary and/or secondary education
- Must be able to speak fluent Putonghua
- Previous experience of teaching the IB PYP, MYP and/or DP is preferred
- Proven education leadership and programme coordination experience
- Recent and relevant professional development
- Experience in project supervision and interdisciplinary learning
- Recent experience of curricular innovation and development
- An effective communicator
- Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs including English language learners
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Hong Kong please email email@example.com.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting