Science, Computing and Mathematics Teacher (Yr7 to 9) – Diplomatic Quarter Campus – required for August 2021
Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
27 February 2021
1 August 2021
Science / Mathematics
Teacher / Teacher
Ages 11-18 / Secondary and
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
English National / English National
1 or more years experience
Full job description
As part of our DQ campus expansion, we are seeking a lively, dynamic Science, Computing and Mathematics Teacher, able to deliver quality innovative lessons for Year 7 to 9 students. We are specifically looking for a teacher who will contribute to the further development of our dynamic school.
The British International School Riyadh (BISR) is an extremely well-regarded not-for-profit, five-campus, co-educational school in the Middle East, catering for students aged 3-18, providing high quality education to the expatriate community since 1979. The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and as a British School Overseas (BSO). BISR is also a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) and the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). The school follows the English curriculum, greatly enriched by the local and international context. Learning is holistic, supported by a broad co-curricular programme, encompassing extra-curricular activities, student leadership, service learning and residential trips. Strong pastoral care supports student well-being.
As part of our DQ campus expansion, we are seeking a lively, dynamic Science, Computing and Mathematics Teacher, able to deliver quality innovative lessons for Year 7 to 9 students. We are specifically looking for a teacher who will contribute to the further development of our dynamic school, our creative curriculum and can add to the existing vision and already very high academic standards. Classroom practice needs to be exemplary with experience of target setting for students and use of student data to track progress.
The successful candidate will:
- Be innovative, creative, enthusiastic, highly motivated and learning focused, with a strong track record of excellent classroom practice and pastoral care.
- Be committed to development of high-quality learning experiences underpinned by a clear understanding of how learning is developed, where students are motivated and equipped to become life-long learners.
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, be a reflective practitioner, showing a strong commitment to development of outstanding classroom practice.
- Use high quality assessment and feedback strategies to ensure students make good progress with their learning.
- Ensure students flourish by creating a positive climate for learning, supporting the holistic development of each student, with a strong emphasis on well-being in an intercultural context.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, high levels of emotional intelligence and a good sense of humour, effectively collaborating within a range of teams.
- Fully support the school Mission, Vision and Motto.
- Go the extra mile for students, contributing to the wider life of the school, including the broad co-curricular programme and community events.
- Have a UK or UK recognised teaching qualification.
We can offer:
To apply, please follow the link: https://inteachers.net/job/2483 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines;
Closing date for all applications: Saturday 27th February 2021
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa
How to apply for a position at BISR
To apply and for additional information, please follow the ‘inteachers’ link on the vacancy.
When applying via this link, please provide the following in support of your application:
All applications must include:
- An up to date two-page Curriculum Vitae, including a photograph
- A statement in support of your application, which must include an answer to the following question: How do you think you would be able to support our Mission and REACH motto?
Teacher applications must include:
- How do you demonstrate that you are a lifelong learner and how does current pedagogical practice have an impact in your classroom?
- How do you create a positive classroom climate and support student well-being in your current school?
- What strategies do you use to ensure that all learners in your classroom attain very well?
- What is your contribution to your current school community?
BISR is fully committed to safeguarding children and young people. We complete rigorous background checks for all staff, whatever their role in the school, prior to them commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is
For more information about the school please visit the 'ABOUT US' section our website www.bisr.com.sa
We very much look forward to receiving your application.
Teachers who work at BISR should have
- Qualified Teacher status.
- Certificate of Education - PGCE or B.Ed.
- Training or qualification relevant to the post.
- An appreciation of the demands of a British school in an international context.
- Recognise the vital importance of a positive commitment to the co-curricular life of the school.
- An appreciation of the importance of intercultural understanding and cultural sensitivity.
- Recognise the responsibility each individual staff member has in supporting the holistic growth and well-being of students.
- Experience of working in various contexts both in the UK and internationally.
- Experience of teaching within a Key Stage or subject.
- Experience of positive behaviour management strategies.
- Experience of planning for children with a range of learning needs, including extremely able students.
- Experience of curriculum development, monitoring and assessment.
- Experience of working with second language students or prepared to undertake training.
Skills and Abilities
- A detailed knowledge of the English National Curriculum.
- Ability to organise a stimulating learning environment and demonstrate excellent creative teaching skills.
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues in preparing for learning and teaching.
- Good organisation of recording and evaluating progress.
- Show good communication skills when working with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Effective skills in managing and organising own time and directing deployment of teaching assistants.
- Good ICT skills to be effective in your job.
- An understanding of Assessment for Learning Strategies and use of this to inform future planning.
- The desire to develop knowledge of the curriculum above and below the preferred key stage or in a cross-curricular context.
- Warmth and sense of humour.
- Team player.
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Willingness to be involved in co-curricular activities and events and engage in all aspects of school life.
- High expectations of yourself and of children.
- First class communication skills.
- Empathy with pupils, colleagues, parents and visitors.
- You must be a glass half-full person!
- Ability to promote equal opportunities with respect to race, gender and disability