Teacher of SEN/Learning Support
Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
31 March 2021
1 March 2021
Ages 4-11 / Primary
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
Applicant Information Pack
ISA Tianhe International School is looking for high potential candidate for the SEN position to start in August 2021.
The main role of the SEN Teacher is to maximise pupils' learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of the curriculum to meet students’ individual learning needs and achieve specific pupils' outcomes. Teachers teach a range of pupils' abilities and classes and are accountable for the effective delivery of their curriculum. The teacher engages in critical reflection in order to improve their knowledge and skills to better engage students and improve their learning.
The teacher assumes roles beyond the classroom in endeavouring to maximise students’ learning. These roles include working collaboratively with colleagues and other members of the school community, and communicating with parents and care-givers.
The teacher’s contribution to the school goes beyond the classroom. S/He participates in the development of the school policies and programmes and assist in the implementation of school priorities. All classroom teachers may be required to undertake other duties in addition to their teaching duties.
- Acting as Form Teacher of a class consisting of up to 24 pupils.
- Ensuring the creativity and high quality of teaching and learning of the class, assisted by a teaching assistant.
- Organizing the work of the teaching assistant.
- Sharing responsibilities for curriculum development, display, performances, trips and organizing some aspects of special events.
- Fostering a caring atmosphere and showing commitment to the well-being and social and academic progress of each pupil.
- Acting in accordance with relevant legislation in the PRC and Guangzhou, as well as UK guidelines, particularly with regards to educational provision, health and safety initiatives and safeguarding and ensure that all students and staff maintain these standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education specialized in Special Education Needs or Learning Support;
- Minimum 2 years’ classroom teaching experience in a mainstream school;
- High Proficiency in English;
- An understanding of the IB and the key underpinnings of the curriculum frameworks is essential.
- Analysis/problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Work Standards / Quality Orientation
- Creativity/ Innovative/takes initiative
- Planning & Organising Work
- Having a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the teaching of their subject(s), their students, curriculum, pedagogy, education-related legislation and the specific teaching context. Awareness of the school’s organisation
Interested candidates please go to "APPLY FOR THIS JOB".
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes