Closing date of applications
29 February 2020
17 August 2020
Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
In September 2020 the next chapter in the exciting develop of ISA International School of Guangzhou will begin as the school will open its second campus in Science City. We are seeking high potential education for position of Teacher-Librarian to join the family of ISA.
- provides leadership in collaborative program planning and teaching to ensure both physical and intellectual access to information and commitment to voluntary reading;
- knows curriculum programs mandated by the school;
- understands students and their social, emotional and intellectual needs;
- has expert knowledge in evaluating learning resources in different formats and media, both on-site and remote, to support the instructional program;
- develops and promotes the effective use of informational and imaginative resources in all formats through cooperative professional activities;
- provides appropriate information, resources or instruction to satisfy the needs of individuals and groups;
- uses appropriate information technology to acquire, organize and disseminate information;
- manages library programs, services and staff to support the stated goals of the school.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or Librarianship
- Holder of teacher qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ classroom teaching experience in a mainstream school
- Native level of English proficiency
- An understanding of the IB and the key underpinnings of the curriculum frameworks is essentialStrong problem solving, planning, organising and communication skills
- Always pursue high work standards and quality orientation
- Strong sense of creativity, innovation and taking initiative
All applicants must apply at our recruitment website: https://inteachers.net/school/isa-international-education-group
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
Please review with care the candidate pack shared for each specific position.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes