Head of Boarding
Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
15 February 2020
17 August 2020
Head of Department
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
ISA International School- Science City (ISASC), will be a premium international K-12 day and boarding school servicing the diverse needs of families.
This senior leadership position oversees the planning, launch and development of an outstanding Boarding House (G6-12), as one key division of ISA Science City. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Head of Boarding will be an integral leader in the overall development of this leading international school, working closely with leaders across all functions.
The Head of Boarding will oversee all elements of the programmes, policies, procedures, staffing and strategic development of a world-leading boarding school in the Chinese context.
The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced education leader, with considerable Boarding School experience, and a demonstrated passion and eagerness for the start-up school context
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of a highly effective, safe and enjoyable Boarding House
- Operational elements include oversight of timetabling, curriculum development and delivery, facility management, and all additional programmes appropriate to a worldleading boarding school
- Select, lead and manage the Boarding staff, ensuring that the School expectations of service and exceptional standards are delivered by every staff member in the Boarding House, every day
- Providing on the job training and development, setting up realistic targets to enable staff to achieve objectives, providing support and evaluate staff performance
- Ensuring effective allocation of resources and manpower
- Working with the Head of School and Head of Finance, develop and manage the annual budget for the Boarding House
- Take a hands-on approach to lead the way with regards the highest levels of communication and customer service, whilst also being actively involved in the broader programmes of the School
- In partnership with the Head of School, refine the school strategic plan specifically for the Boarding House, to drive towards excellence through a clear pathway of agreed milestones
- In partnership with the Senior Leadership Team, provide collaborative and engaged leadership beyond the Boarding House, to support the overall aspirations and development plans for ISA Science City
- Setting and maintaining high standards of service throughout the school
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, major in Education. Master’s degree in Educational Leadership may be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant working experience, preferably in an international education environment
- Experience at a similar level of leadership, at a leading school, will be an advantage
- Experience within an education start-up environment may be advantageous
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
- Independent and well-structured working style with a handson, can-do attitude
- Service-oriented, ability to learn quickly and no stranger to fast pace of work
- Good planning and organising skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with team spirit, intercultural awareness and openness for an international environment in a Chinese landscape
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural community
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to build trust, foster innovation, deliver high quality work
- High level of integrity
- A good sense of humour and able to maintain perspective during times of workplace intensity
All applicants must apply at our recruitment website: https://inteachers.net/school/isa-international-education-group
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
Please review with care the candidate pack shared for each specific position.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes