Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
26 September 2019
5 January 2020
Ages 4-11 / Primary
1 or more years experience
Full job description
We are seeking to appoint a Registrar to promote the School and provide effective and efficient management of all enquiries from prospective parents, local and abroad. The Registrar reports directly to the Bursar and has line management responsibility for three admin staff.
The British International School Riyadh (BISR) is an extremely well-regarded not-for-profit, two-campus, co-educational school in the Middle East, catering for students aged 3-18, providing high quality education to the expatriate community since 1979. The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and as a British School Overseas (BSO). BISR is also a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) and the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). The school follows the English curriculum, greatly enriched by the local and international context. Learning is holistic, supported by a broad co-curricular programme, encompassing extra-curricular activities, student leadership, service learning and residential trips. Strong pastoral care supports student well-being.
The role includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Promote the School’s reputation as an outstanding school.
- Encourage enrolment at all levels.
- Research marketing initiatives for schools and make proposals to the Principal.
- Research and implement strategic and operational marketing plans.
- Develop partnerships between the school and commercial organisations in the city.
- Projected pupil numbers for current and future years.
- Keep up to date records of the number of students that join each September and throughout the year and total number of admission enquires per year group.
- Keep prospective parents up to date with the progress of their applications, maintaining contact with parents cultivating their interest.
- Organise and carry out school tours.
- Accountable for up to date and accurate information from Sims system regarding pupils.
- Keep records up to date and produce information in formats as requested by the Bursar/Principal, to ensure appropriate historical data is kept and analysed, Graphs, Flow Charts, Excel & Word.
- Liaise with Middle Leadership group to organise and report back to parents regarding assessment dates and results.
- Liaise with Head of Secondary to organise and report back to parents regarding assessment dates and results.
- Liaise with Head of Sixth Form and arrange interview dates and times.
- Offer school places and start dates.
- Maintain close links with Salwa School.
- Inform Accounts Department to ensure all deposits have been raised and paid.
- Keep all teaching staff and accounts informed of new pupils and leavers.
- Welcome new parents and pupils to school on 1st day.
Please be aware that the school is not in a position to sponsor or transfer sponsorship
(Please note: As this is a non-teacher position, and in order to use our application tracking system (InTeachers), you will need to register yourself as a qualified teacher to complete the application form).
To apply, please follow the link: https://inteachers.net/job/2010
and provide a supporting statement of application following our guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 19th September 2019
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified.
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa
How to apply for a position at BISR
To apply and for additional information, please follow the ‘inteachers’ link on the vacancy.
When applying via this link, please provide the following in support of your application:
All Applications must include:
- An up to date two-page Curriculum Vitae, including a photograph
- A statement in support of your application, which must include answers to the following questions:
- How do you think you would be able to support our Mission and REACH motto?
Teacher Applications must include:
- How do you demonstrate that you are a lifelong learner and how does current pedagogical practice have an impact in your classroom?
- How do you create a positive classroom climate and support student well-being in your current school?
- What strategies do you use to ensure that all learners in your classroom make good progress?
- What is your contribution to your current school community?
BISR is fully committed to safeguarding children and young people. We complete rigorous background checks for all staff, whatever their role in the school, prior to them commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is
For more information about the school please visit our website www.bisr.com.sa
We very much look forward to receiving your application.
Teachers who work at BISR should have
- Qualified Teacher status.
- Certificate of Education, First degree or equivalent.
- Training or qualification relevant to the post.
- An appreciation of the demands of a British school in an international context.
- Recognise the vital importance of a positive commitment to the co-curricular life of the school.
- An appreciation of the importance of intercultural understanding and cultural sensitivity.
- Recognise the responsibility each individual staff member has in supporting the holistic growth and well-being of students.
- Experience of working in various contexts both in the UK and internationally.
- Experience of teaching within a Key Stage or subject.
- Experience of positive behaviour management strategies.
- Experience of planning for children with a range of learning needs, including extremely able students.
- Experience of curriculum development, monitoring and assessment.
- Experience of working with second language students or prepared to undertake training.
Skills and Abilities
- A detailed knowledge of the English national curriculum.
- Ability to organise a stimulating learning environment and demonstrate excellent creative teaching skills.
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues in preparing for learning and teaching.
- Good organisation of recording and evaluating progress.
- Show good communication skills when working with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Effective skills in managing and organising own time and directing deployment of teaching assistants.
- Good ICT skills to be effective in your job.
- An understanding of Assessment for Learning Strategies and use of this to inform future planning.
- The desire to develop knowledge of the curriculum above and below the preferred key stage or in a cross-curricular context.
- Warmth and sense of humour.
- Team player.
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Willingness to be involved in co-curricular activities and events and engage in all aspects of school life.
- High expectations of yourself and of children.
- First class communication skills.
- Empathy with pupils, colleagues, parents and visitors.
- You must be a glass half-full person!
- Ability to promote equal opportunities with respect to race, gender and disability