Physical Education (PE) Assistant
Closing date of applications
21 July 2019
12 August 2019
Physical Education / Physical Education
Teaching Assistant / Teaching Assistant
Ages 4-11 / Primary and
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
IB PYP / IB MYP
1 or more years experience
Malvern College Hong Kong is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Physical Education Assistant with swimming background.
The role will provide support to the PE department as required during the school year.
- Support the PE department in the delivery of the curricular and co-curricular programmes, during the school day, after school and at weekends, as required;
- Provide administrative support to the PE department – photocopy, laminate, create spreadsheets, input/collate data related to pupils, grades, co-curricular activities (CCAs) and sports teams;
- Liaise with external providers as appropriate;
- Provide support with organising and maintaining school sports equipment and setting up lessons and activities;
- Cover classes and supervise pupils where necessary and appropriate;
- Accompany teachers and pupils on sports events out of school;
- Attend school and departmental meetings as appropriate;
School Activities Support:
- Support for the school's co-curricular activities (CCA) programme. All members of staff are expected to support a minimum of one CCA per week;
- Accompany pupils during sports competitions;
- Assist in the running of Sports Day activities;
- Assist in the preparation and running of Open Day activities;
- Provide AV support during morning assemblies and other events in the gym, auditorium, lecture theatres and classrooms;
- Assist in library duties;
- Assist during awards ceremonies;
- Assist the School Office in administrative tasks;
- Assist in staff duties during morning break, lunchtime, after school – especially when staff members are in meetings/supervising CCAs;
- Assist in other School activities as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Education is an advantage;
- Swimming background or coaching experience is required;
- Coaching qualification in a relevant sport(s) is an advantage;
- Excellent command of English is a must;
- Able to speak Putonghua is an advantage;
- Relevant experience in primary or secondary education is preferred;
- Experience working in an international school setting is preferred;
- Experience in organising sporting events or clubs/coaching for children and young people;
- Attention to detail, patient and helpful;
- Collaborative and prepared to work as part of a team;
- Sound organizational and time management skills;
- Basic level of IT skills;
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age, and ethnic background;
- Strong work ethic;
- Effective communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to high standards in teaching and learning.
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Hong Kong please email email@example.com.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting
- General teaching positoins: Native level of English
- Chinese teaching positions: Native level of Putonghua