Mandarin Coordinator (Early Years)
Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
31 May 2019
2 January 2019
Ages 0-4 / Early Years
Several Curricula (see description)
Fixed / Renewable
3 or more years experience
The role of the Mandarin Coordinator/ Mandarin Teacher (Pre N; K1 to K3) is essentially to assist in the leadership and management of the Pre-School and to work closely with the Principal of the Preschool to manage teaching and learning.
- Design and lead in preparing a challenging, innovative and exciting Mandarin curriculum for children entering Pre-Nursey, Kindergarten 1, Kindergarten 2 or Playgroup which will enable them to flourish and achieve their potential
- Design, prepare and deliver inspiring and challenging Mandarin lessons to suit the individual needs of all students
- Promote the enjoyment of learning Mandarin
- Nurture meaningful relationships with children and their families and provide the individual attention they need
- Oversee Assessment and monitoring student progress in Mandarin and provide clear learning targets in the Mandarin curriculum so that all learners can see success and improve
- Collaborate with other teachers to share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge
- Communicate accurately, regularly and meaningfully with families of students in their care
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, parent evening events, conferences, workshops and duties- any other roles as identified by the leadership team.
- Adhere to and promote Malvern College’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Native level of Mandarin and fluent English
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or Qualified Kindergarten Teacher
- Holder of working permit in Hong Kong
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in Early Years, preferably internationally in teaching Mandarin
- Leadership experience leading teams or department
- EYFS programme experience preferred
- Curriculum development knowledge and experience in Mandarin
- Previous international experience highly valued
- Knowledge/ Experience of Reggio Emilia Approach advantageous
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Early Childhood)
- A recognized teaching credentials
- Minimum two years’ full-time teaching experience in school setting
- General teaching positoins: Native level of English
- Chinese teaching positions: Native level of Putonghua