Design Teacher (IB MYP) / Digital Coach
Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
20 January 2019
12 August 2019
Date Contract Ends
31 July 2021
Design Technology / Art and Design
Teacher / Teacher
Ages 11-18 / Secondary and
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
IB MYP / IB MYP
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
MCHK General Information Pack
As our school moves towards our second year of opening we are looking to appoint experienced and dynamic teachers who will join our growing PYP and MYP teams and play an active part in all aspects of school life at Malvern.
Main Academic Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the MYP Curriculum Co-ordinator and colleagues to ensure the effective delivery of the MYP programme and to design and implement a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum
- Plan and deliver lessons in the relevant subject area, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation
- Provide support across the school community in the strategic development and implementation of digital technology as a tool to support learning and teaching, communication and collaboration, with a particular focus on supporting and coaching teachers in the effective use and integration of digital technologies across the MYP curriculum
- Contribute to collaborative learning at all levels of school life
- Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect
- Select relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupils’ learning
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner
- Write personalised reports to inform parents of their son/daughter’s progress
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary
- Contribute to the school’s Tutor and House systems as directed by the Deputy Head
- Attend Parents’ Meetings, Open Mornings and Professional Development as appropriate
- Play an active role in the school’s co-curricular programme
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Digital Design or relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in secondary years education
- Previous experience of teaching the IB MYP is preferred, although outstanding candidates without prior IB experience will be considered. MYP teachers are expected to have previous experience of the Diploma programme.
- Prior IB training is required before taking up post at minimum Category 1 level
- Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in Hong Kong and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross cultural approach to work
- A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Hong Kong please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting
- General teaching positoins: Native level of English
- Chinese teaching positions: Native level of Putonghua