Secondary Music Teacher
Closing date of applications
27 December 2018
26 August 2019
Date Contract Ends
31 August 2021
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
MCC Recruitment Pack 2019
Malvern College Chengdu is developing rapidly in China. We are seeking high potential candidates to start from Aug 2019.
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area(s) as appropriate
- To teach the subject throughout Malvern College Chengdu (Years 7 – 13), KS3, KS4, KS5.
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience, which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- Contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- Share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
- Actively participate in activities to promote the development and marketing of a new school.
- To undertake any reasonable additional tasks as directed by the Headmaster.
- Holder of Bachelor's Degree in Music or equivalent
- Qualifed teacher with recognized teaching credentials
- Minimum 2 years of full-time teaching experience
- Native level of English
- Experience of curricular innovation and development
- Previous experience of teaching Music to Asian students
- Experience of using ICT to enhance and support teaching and learning
- Knowledge of the particular difficulties faced by EAL students
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Chengdu reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Chengdu exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Chengdu please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions (International)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting
- Native level of English