Early Years Teacher
Closing date of applications
28 February 2019
30 October 2018
Date Contract Ends
31 August 2021
Ages 0-4 / Early Years
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
The role of the Early Years Teacher is essentially to support in building and maintaining a successful Early Years programme by providing an educational atmosphere conducive to learning and developing through the process of play-based learning and in conjunction with the Early Years at Malvern.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Be part of a core team to design and prepare a challenging, innovative and exciting EYFS curriculum for children entering Nursery, Reception or Kindergarten 1, or Kindergarten 2 which will enable them to flourish and achieve their potential
- Design, prepare and deliver lessons to suit the individual needs of all students using a range and balance of teaching strategies
- Promote the enjoyment of learning
- Ensure the classroom and school environment is well- managed, inviting, organised and neatly presented
- Support the outdoor Forest School Educational Programme
- Nurture meaningful relationships with children and their families and provide the individual attention they need
- Assess and monitor student progress and provide clear learning targets so that all learners can see success and improve and maintain Portfolios of Learning
- Collaborate with other teachers, especially the Mandarin co-teacher of the classroom, to share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge through staff meetings and staff PD sessions
- Communicate accurately, regularly and meaningfully with families of students in their care
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, parent evening events, conferences, workshops and any other roles as identified by the leadership team
- Supervise the students and take on duties as required during lunch, sleep and other times as required
- A university degree and a recognised qualification (such as PGCE) in Early Childhood Education
- Native English speaker
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in Early Years education, ideally with experience in an international educational setting
- Experience in teaching second language learners
- Music/ PE skills in Early Childhood is an advantage
- Forest School knowledge and leadership experience is an asset
- Must pass background checks on suitability to work with children
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Chengdu reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Chengdu exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Chengdu please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions (International)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting
- Native level of English