Supply Teacher (Early Years)
Closing date of applications
31 May 2019
18 October 2018
Ages 0-4 / Early Years
2 or more years experience
We are seeking available teachers who are experienced in ECE/Early Years to join our teaching team for supply teaching.
- Be part of a core team to design and prepare a challenging, innovative and exciting EYFS curriculum for children entering Pre-Nursery, Kindergarten 1, or Kindergarten 2 which will enable them to flourish and achieve their potential
- Design, prepare and deliver lessons to suit the individual needs of all students using a range and balance of teaching strategies
- Promote the enjoyment of learning
- Ensure the classroom and school environment is well- managed, inviting, organized and neatly presented
- Support the outdoor Forest School Educational Program
- Nurture meaningful relationships with children and their families and provide the individual attention they need
- Assess and monitor student progress and provide clear learning targets so that all learners can see success and improve and maintain Portfolios of Learning
- Collaborate with other teachers, especially the Mandarin co-teacher of the classroom, to share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge through staff meetings and staff PD sessions
- Communicate accurately, regularly and meaningfully with families of students in their care
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, parent evening events, conferences, workshops and any other roles as identified by the leadership team
- Supervise the students and take on duties as required during lunch, sleep and other times as required
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Early Childhood)
- A recognized teaching credentials
- Minimum two years’ full-time teaching experience in school setting
- General teaching positoins: Native level of English
- Chinese teaching positions: Native level of Putonghua