Head of Junior School
Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
20 July 2018
1 January 2019
Ages 0-11 / Early Years and Primary
Fixed / Renewable
10 or more years experience
Recruitment Information Pack
Malvern College Chengdu is looking for Head of Junior School lead a team of junior school educators and specialists in starting our first Pre-School and Primary School in Chengdu.
The Head of Junior School will be responsible to lead a team of educators and specialists in the development and delivery of Malvern College Chengdu’s mission and values and will be a strategic and supportive member of the leadership team, playing a key role in the development of the junior school to ensure its success as a leading school in Chengdu over coming years. We are looking for candidates who can start with us in January 2019 or before.
- Manage the daily operation of the Junior School in Chengdu
- Develop and monitor the delivery of the curriculum and related programmes
- Provide effective leadership and mentorship of staff and students
- Lead by example and be an excellent role model for the whole school community
- Actively promote the wellbeing of all students and uphold safeguarding and child protection procedures within the school
- Oversee the school facilities to ensure the upkeep and maintenance of the premises
- Manage the effective deployment of school resources
- Oversee the recruitment of qualified teachers and other academic staff in the school
- nduct new teaching staff and plan continuing professional development and other training activities for teachers and academic staff
- Provide instructional leadership and demonstrate a clear understanding of Early Years and Primary pedagogies
- Evaluate programme and curriculum standards, instructional practices, and performance reviews of teachers
- Lead the development, management, and implementation of student policies on assessment and attainment
- Implement and monitor quality assurance procedures within the junior school to meet the requirements of internal and external Quality Assurance processes
- Support the effective transition of students from Early Years into Primary level
- Work closely with the Headmaster on the strategic development of the school and produce annual action plans outlining phase priorities
- Initiate and maintain effective communication and good relationship between the school and parents
- Liaise with the local education authorities regarding relevant policies and regulations
- Maintain cooperative professional relationships between the school, the community, and other organizations
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree or above
- A recognized teaching qualification relevant to Early Years/Primary education
- A further qualification in leadership and management in junior education is advantageous
- Minimum of 6 years of teaching experience in Early Years or Primary education, ideally with experience in an international educational setting
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in proven and effective junior school administration and curriculum leadership and development
- Excellent Command of English; able to speak Putonghua is an advantage
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and Primary curriculum framework
- Experience in teaching second language learners
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the local educational system is an asset
- Evidence of on-going professional learning and development
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Chengdu reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Chengdu exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Chengdu please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting