Learning Enhancement Teacher (EAL Specialist)
Applications for this job are closed
Closing date of applications
18 May 2018
13 August 2018
Date Contract Ends
31 July 2020
English as an Additional Language / English as an Additional Language
Teacher / Teacher
Ages 4-11 / Primary and
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
IB PYP / IB MYP
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
Recruitment Pack - MCHK
Malvern College Hong Kong is hiring an EAL Teacher to provide high quality teaching and learning within a primary and secondary school setting.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree and teaching qualification
- English as an Additional Language/ Language Acquisition qualification (eg TESOL)
- Extensive English as an Additional Language teaching experience
- Minimum two years teaching experience within a Learning Support/Learning Enhancement team at an International School
- Special Educational Needs and Gifted Education training and experience
Role of the Learning Enhancement Teacher
- Develop and administer assessment tools and use data analysis to develop for pupils where English is an additional language
- Plan and implement an intense English Language Learning programme for emerging pupils
- Develop a range of language and literacy inclusion strategies in collaboration with the PYP/MYP teaching team(s) to promote the learning of formal, academic English
- Enrich inquiry by using flexible grouping and scaffolding techniques to support pupils’ learning
- Develop and lead an after-school programme for emerging and developing primary and secondary English language learners
- Form partnerships with EAL families to support the development of language and literacy of their children
- Collaborate with the MYP English team to plan and implement the MYP English Language Acquisition course
- Co-teach academic literacy, especially academic writing with the MYP teaching team
- Case managing and monitoring the progress of individual pupils, setting learning goals and by designing individual learning plans and interventions to boost pupils’ learning
All applications for current vacancies listed below should be submitted online. Applicants are required to complete an online profile and supporting statement and upload a CV.
Applicants must provide details of three referees, of which one must be their most recent employer. If shortlisted, we will contact referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by Skype or in person, depending on the nature of the position and the applicant's location. The decision to appoint rests with the management of the individual school as the employer. Malvern College Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint an outstanding candidate at any stage during the process.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
For any enquiries regarding teaching vacancies in Malvern College Hong Kong please email email@example.com.
Basic Requirements for All Teaching Positions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE, M.Ed)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in mainstream school setting